I was originally going to do a rant-post but decided to do Sam @ Bookish Serendipity’s linkup instead. Who wants to hear a bunch of my school angst, anyway? This will be much more fun.
How do you think your blog has developed over the year? (content, views, opinions, etc.)
Well, it hasn’t been a year since I started blogging! But I definitely have improved since the beginning. I didn’t even classify myself as a book blog. [I didn’t choose the book blogger life; it chose me. :P] I didn’t start writing real reviews until June 2014 [I began blogging in the beginning of February]. I recently gained a lot of followers [Thank you, everyone!]; I am now VERY close to 100. O.O I went through a few designs, too, and finally found one I like a lot. I’m hoping to learn coding in the future and design my blog so it’s perfect, though.
In your opinion, what is the best part of blogging?
I think my favorite part of blogging, especially in this bookish community, is meeting other readers and writers. I don’t have any IRL friends who write seriously. And I’ve gotten so much advice from them to improve on my writing. And I can fangirl on my blog with all of these fantabulous people!
How did you start blogging?
I discovered Sam’s previous blog, Young Writers Café, through the internet, and was immediately entranced. I decided to do something like that, and now, here I am!
Do you have any role models? Favorite blogs?
Sam, the creator of this tag, is probably my main role model. She was my first. <3
Here are a few others:
Honorable mention to Evi @ Where Books Never End for being my best bloggy friend and possible twin. ;)
Name a few of your favorite 2014 releases?
What’s your advice to new bloggers?
- Comment on other blogs that are similar to yours. This way you can join a whole community of bloggers whose interest are similar to yours.
- Post meaningful content. If you’re bored and don’t know what to blog about, don’t blog. It will probably be boring [no offense] and not be very interesting to read. You can, however, create a list or something of things to blog about so you always have interesting and new content.
- Be yourself. If you are part of a blogging community, you probably know people like you. It is important to be yourself instead of trying to fit in. It’s different than school.
Name a few of your all-time favorite reads?
Do you have any New Year’s resolutions? What are some of your goals for the upcoming year?
New Years Resolutions About Blogging:
- Have more thoughtful posts
- Interview authors
- Possibly upgrade my blog more