Time for a weekly wrap-up! And not just any wrap-up. This is my 20th! 5 months!
I actually started blogging well before then, but I think this is a huge milestone.
It is about two weeks until my blogoversary, by the way, which means I will be getting my own domain, a new name, and hopefully the Book Blogger Plug In from Book Host. Name wise, I have three votes to stay the same and four for both others. If you haven’t voted for your favorite name yet, do so here. It will be open for another week.
Anyway, what did I do this week?
- Science fair really heated up. And by “heated up” I mean it started. I am very busy with it and also quite nervous. I’m aiming to get the Water Project Prize at the county competition [I’m doing desalination], and there is only one. I will start testing this week. I may not post as much, by the way.
- Choir started up again! As you may have known, I was in a choir last semester. It has started again for this semester, and I’m really excited for the songs. We’re not doing religious ones [thank goodness!] but really fun pieces. We also might do one from “The Sound of Music”, “RENT”, and a pop song. [Some people suggested “Shake It Off.” :)] I’m going to be learning two new languages to sing: some language I can’t pronounce XD and Hawaiian. For the Hawaiian piece, we’re singing “Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride.” My mom sang that in her choir a couple years ago, and I loved it! My choir is also going to be singing at Great America, which will be a blast.
- I got my report card. And I didn’t fail any classes. But I didn’t do great, either. My best subjects were science and humanities [aka social studies]. I barely got through design and did okay in math. PE was better than I thought, English was alright, and Performing Arts was fine. So everything is okay. My worst grade was a five [aka an A- or B+].
- I got new clothes! Shirts, to be specific. I got some really awesome clothes that will probably pop up on Twitter soon. XD
- It is extremely hard to get motivated to write. I am struggling with motivation with my new novel. Once I get started, I usually write until I have to leave, but it’s the getting there part that is hard. I also have found that I don’t have a lot of time. Betas: It is on Figment. Please comment!
Before we get on to what I posted, I want to thank Evi again for her amazing post on Friday. Everyone seemed to love it, and one woman said, “What a remarkable article that truly captures what a Girl Scout is all about! I can’t wait to share it with my friends! Thank you!”
Speaking of FF, do you have any ideas for what I should post about next week? Tell me in the comments below, please. :)
What I posted this week:
On Sunday, I reviewed two of Stephanie Perkins’s books and loved them.
On Thursday, I reviewed Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.
On Friday, I had a guest post done by Evi for Feminist Fridays #3.